So for whatever reason, you’ve decided to forgo the craziness of the parties downtown and make your own party at home. Whether you’re looking for a quietly festive night in, or are out to start the new year as the hostess with the mostess, I’ve got some great New Year’s Eve ideas at home. These are just what you need to have a great night in on the first night of the New Year!
New Year’s Eve Ideas At Home
- Pick your theme: Are you hosting a get together for your besties? Or a quiet night in with the kids? Decide on what you want to do before going on to the next few.
- Party with your Besties? Here are some things you must have!
- Photobooth Props: These are a must! You can find these here.
- New Year’s Eve Bingo: Pass these out as guests arrive and whoever gets Bingo first wins a prize!
- New Year’s Resolutions: Provide a jar with strips of paper and pencils. Have people write down their resolutions to share, tuck away, or (safely) burn as a hope for the future!
- Kiss Me Kits: Pass out small bags with everything people need to make their New Year’s Eve kiss perfect. Include sparklers, gum, mints, and chapstick for a fun time.
- Games! This is a must. Find your favorite Minute-to-Win-It games and ham it up. If that’s not your jam, then try a game like this. It’ll help you have a fun time!
- Food and Drink: It’s important to feed your guests as well. Have a variety of food from finger foods they can snack on like chips, dip, etc. Then have something yummy for them sip while they wait. Cocktails to mocktails, you can find the thing that’s right for your group.
- Quiet Night In: So you’ve opted for the quiet night in? Just because you’re staying at home doesn’t mean you have to go to bed at 8 pm. Here are some awesome options to keep your family entertained.
- Countdown Bags: Think advent but go with the hours you want to count down. Each hour have the kids open a bag or a box and give them a task and a treat. For example: The hour strikes six, it’s time for some pics! Take a silly photo with your family and enjoy these mustaches!
- Build a Fort! This is a great way to pass the time and make things more festive. Build a fort to watch a movie or read some books in, or take it a step further and have a sleep over!
- Bubble Wrap Stomp! If you’re looking for a way to celebrate without waking the neighbors, then this is a great activity. It involves the kids but also gives them something fun to do.
- Scavenger hunt: Put together a list of things for the kids to find. Take it up a notch by also having them take a picture of it, then you can record it.
- Play some family fun games! This is great time to break out those games that you love as a kid. Candyland, Operation, Sorry!, etc. Check out a full list here.
And there you have it! Have a wonderful New Years!
Leave a Reply