DIY 01: Halloween Mason Jar Luminaries
This is a pretty simple craft that the kids can get in on.
- Start with gathering mason jars of various sizes. If you don’t have any, grab a bunch here or here. First, clean the jars and wipe down with rubbing alcohol so that the paint will stick.
- Next, paint the outside of the mason jars with one layer of acrylic paint (like this).
- Then, using a sharpie, outline some faces onto the jars before painting over with black acrylic paint. Alternatively, you can purchase face stickers like these instead of painting them on.
- Allow the jars to dry completely before spraying with a glaze (like this).
- To turn the jars into true luminaries, add a tea light candle (or these flameless tea lights).