Halloween is coming! With the rush of costumes and candy, sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in all of the things to get ready and forget about decorations. Here are some Halloween decorations that are frighteningly easy to make!1. Candy Corn Garland
- What you need: Candy Corn in abundance (get it here), string with a quilting needle (sharp enough to get through the candy, but dull enough that it’s not going to poke your fingers.
- Directions: Simply string the candy corn together like you would with popcorn! Hang around fireplaces, doorways, or windows.
2. Spooky Centerpieces
- What you need: Bat and Ghost Cutouts like these and these, branches like these, and a vase of your choosing.
- Directions: Using a hot glue gun, glue the bat cut outs and the ghost cutouts onto the willow branches in a pleasing manner. Ta-da!
3. Ghost Centerpieces/Favors
- What you need: Tootsie pops (like these), Tissue paper, Black construction paper, assorted ribbon.
- Wrap the tissue paper over the tootsie pop and secure with ribbon of your choice. Glue on two or three dots for eyes and a mouth.
4. Leafy Ghosts
- What you need: Leafs of various shapes, white tempra paint, black sharpie
- Start by painting the leaves white and let dry, then using the sharpie, draw a ghosts face. Hang with wire or fishing line.
5. Milk Bottle Ghosts!
- What you need: An assortment of recycled milk bottles, black sharpie, and faerie lights (like these)
- Simply draw your face on the milk jug, stuff with faerie lights, and arrange in your desired locations!
6. Monster Door
- What you need: black plastic or paper, white plastic or paper. You can get this at the dollar store if you’d like! Adhesive that won’t damage your door.
- Using scissors, cut out the necessary parts of your monster! Feel free to recreate a character like Frankenstein above, or try a ghost, jack o’lantern, or black cat.