Our Christmas Break this year is a solid two weeks. Which is awesome, but it also has a lot of downtime for the kids. Add that downtime to at least three family parties and you’ve got a lot of time to entertain the littles. So, how do you do it? By having some great family Christmas games of course!
- Holiday Bingo! This is a great one because it adds candy and it’s simple. I’d suggest choosing your favorite Christmas movie and putting together Bingo cards using this website: https://myfreebingocards.com/bingo-card-generator That way when you put a movie on for the kids, it’s more engaging than just sitting.
- Sock Guessing Game: If you want a way to make your gift exchange more interesting, try making it a guessing game! Gather a bunch of sweet or silly gifts, put them inside the stockings (or some fun holiday socks) and see if people can guess what’s inside! If they guess correct, they get to keep it!
- Guess the Christmas Smell: This is a great game while you’re waiting for dinner to be done or digest. Have each person put the Santa hat on and smell what’s inside the mason jar. If they can smell it correctly, they can pick a prize! Here’s what you need:
- Mason Jars
- Various Christmas Items: Candy canes, sprigs of pine tree, gingerbread cookies, etc.
- Santa Hat
- Various prizes
- Reindeer Ring Toss: This one is a great party game! Divide the party into two groups, and see if they can toss rings onto the person wearing the antlers.
- Oven Mitts Challenge! Take a present, or better yet, multiple presents, and wrap them in varying layers of gift wrap, cling wrap, and foil. Have everyone circle up and sit down. Pass around pairs of oven mitts and set a timer. Each person has a minute to try and unwrap the gift to get what’s underneath! These mitts are darling and on theme.
- Face the Gingerbread Man! This is a twist on a classic Minute-to-Win It game. Have two people competing put a gingerbread man cookie on their forehead. The goal is to get the cookie into their mouth without using their hands. Let the hilarity ensure!
- Gingerbread House Decorating! This is a classic that engages everyone and is so much fun! Give everyone a theme, make it a timed contest, or just let nature take its course. Get your house here.