If you’ve got a large brood of littles heading your way for Turkey Day, then look no further for some awesome crafts to keep the kids entertained!
- Grateful leaves: This is an easy one and there are two ways to make it happen. You can pick up some die cut leaves so they are ready to go, or you can enlist the help of the grown up kids to cut out the different shapes. Then all you do is have the kids write what they are grateful for on a leaf. These can be artfully arranged on the table to be read as you eat, or hung on a garland to display.
- Thanksgiving Coloring Placemat: Hey, there’s a reason that they offer kids coloring placemats at restaurants. It’s a great way for you to keep the littles entertained while they’re waiting for their food to be served or when they’re done and waiting for pie to be dished. These are two great options, one for the adults or teens who need a break, and one simpler version for the little littles.
- Pop-cornucopias: If you’re looking for something that is easy to make and has an entertaining twist, then these are for you! Not only will they help keep the littles tide-over until dinner’s ready, but they are a fun twist on a classic. All you do is get some paper, cut it into a fan shape, then roll and glue shut. You can do contrasting colors or keep it rustic, whatever goes with your decor and theme.
- Autumn Garland: Send the kids on a scavenger hunt outside for their favorite leafs and autumn elements (think acorns, pine cones, etc). Then have the kids string them up on some twine and display during dinner. It’s a great way for the kids to be involved decorating for dinner.
- Dessert Cornucopias: Keeping with the same theme as the pop-cornucopias, these are a great twist on dessert. You can fill them with fruit like below, or get creative and fill them with seasonal goodies! Dip the ends in melted chocolate, roll in some seasonal sprinkles, and let the kids fill them up with their favorite dessert items. It’s a craft and dessert all in one!
And there you have it-some awesome Thanksgiving Crafts for kids that will help make your dinner more fun and more engaging for everyone!