With the advent of cooler weather and the influx of all things pumpkin spiced, comes the myriad of leaves dropped by every tree in the neighborhood. It can be a pain to rake all of those leaves! And what about your neighbors who may be unable to rake the leaves themselves? Here is the solution: A Progressive Leaf Raking Party! My bet is that sweet widow who struggles raking leaves probably bakes like a British Baking Champion. So here’s how it works:
- Start with a list of who needs their leaves raked.
- Have each person choose a part of a meal they would like to make. Try to stick to those fall favorite that will warm and fill: Cider, chili, Pumpkin bread, butternut squash soup, etc.
- Pull out the good old bluetooth speaker on and pump those tunes!
- Have everyone bring gloves, garbage bags, rakes, and shovels to the first house.
- If you’ve got little who need a little bit of direction, try having a leaf scavenger hunt! Simply set the requirements: size, color, etc. and see who can keep their eyes out and nab them the fastest.
- As you finish, pull the leaves to the curb, have a bit of yummy food, and move on!
- By the time you’re done everyone will be well ready for a good nap with warm bellies and worn out bodies.
The great thing about a progressive leaf party like this is that you get to know your neighbors, do a little service, and have a chance to see everyone’s cooking skills! It also allows those who maybe can’t manage the raking on their own to contribute in a way that is easier for them. It allows everyone to feel needed. So, pull out the trash bags, turn up the 80’s pop (or whatever your jam is), and have an awesome progressive leaf raking party for all ages!